Biodiverse Reforestation Carbon Offsets
As well as sequestering carbon, our local biodiverse native tree planting also deliver substantial environmental and positive social outcomes in the rural landscape of Australia.
- One Biodiverse Reforestation Carbon Offset (BRCO) equals one (1) tonne of CO2-e
- BRCOs are independently verified but not accredited under the Australian Government's Climate Active Standard, formerly NCOS.
- We use industry best practice methodologies to measure carbon stored in the forest
- Carbon offsets are legally protected by 100 year Carbon Right and Carbon Covenant registered on the land titles
- BRCOs are retired on an internal Carbon Neutral registry, guaranteeing each credit cannot be resold
- All plantings are undertaken in the Yarra Yarra Biodiversity Corridor.
- We plant multiple tree and shrub species native to the area which is helping to restore large areas of marginal and degraded farmland
Carbon Neutral’s independently verified BRCOs offer much more to a company looking to offset their unavoidable emissions than simply storing carbon. The social, economic and environmental (co-benefits) are considerable, including:
- Creating biodiversity habitat for rare and endangered flora and fauna
- Creating connectivity between existing remnant vegetation
- Restoring degraded areas damaged by salt, wind and water erosion
- Employment including local Indigenous people, and liaison with traditional owners
- Aboriginal heritage sites recognised and registered with the Department of Indigenous Affairs Registry
- Creating new industry in rural areas and expenditure with local businesses
For technical and further information, please refer to the Product Disclosure.
Order your BRCOs now
By filling out the form below and clicking 'Submit', an experienced Carbon Neutral representative will contact you promptly.