Carbon Neutral is growing, and an increasing number of clients are seeking to work with us to measure their carbon footprint with a view to reducing their emissions and offsetting those that remain. Thus, we have an exciting opportunity for a full-time Carbon Consultant to join our team in our new offices in Perth CBD.
Main duties and responsibilities include:
- Provide carbon accounting services (carbon footprint reports and carbon reduction plans) to clients on a fee-for-service basis. This includes direct client liaison to gather required data, conducting carbon accounting calculations according to relevant protocols and standards, report writing and presenting results to clients.
- Keep up to date with international and Australian certification standards and other relevant protocols / guidance issued by industry bodies.
- Collaborate with internal teams and affiliated consultants to develop best practice in the delivery of our carbon footprints and reduction service.
- Support the engagement of carbon accounting and energy efficiency consultants and sub-contractors
- Regularly review carbon services reports, calculations and calculators to ensure they current and of the highest standard.
- Assist, design and implement improved carbon accounting mechanisms (processes, procedures, and client management systems) to reduce turnaround timeframes and increase enquiry conversion rates.
- Explore the potential to expand consulting services to include Carbon Reduction Plans, ESG reporting, lifecycle assessments (LCA) and energy efficiency audits.
- Work with colleagues in Marketing to write-up consulting case studies and promotion of the consulting service.
With a passion for addressing climate change and biodiversity loss, you will have a professional and personable approach to working with both clients and colleagues. Knowledgeable in the field of carbon accounting it is likely that you will already have two-years’ consultancy experience in the field. Your success to date is due to your strong analytical approach, technical knowledge and desire to provide clients with a timely and high-quality service.
In addition, you will have
- Degree in environmental science, or environmental engineering, sustainability, agronomy, or similar field.
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal skills.
- Strong IT literacy, particularly with MS Office applications and ideally CRM.
- Positive approach to change and continuous personal and business development.
- Competitive salary
- Casual Friday
- Opportunities for progression
Equality of Opportunity
We don’t just accept difference — we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products, and our community. Carbon Neutral is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
How to Apply
To apply for this role please read the following Job Description and Person Specification.
If you’re a great fit we would love to hear from you. Please email the following to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Current CV
- Covering letter outlining how your skills and experience meet the needs of the role
- Links to additional material that may be relevant to your application (optional)
- Two referees whom we may contact following an interview
If you have any queries related to this position, please contact Georgiana Rogers on 1300 851 211.